How do I archive old emails in Outlook?
To manually archive Outlook items, do the following:
- Click the File tab.
- Click Cleanup Tools.
- Click Archive.
- Click the Archive this folder and all subfolders option, and then click the folder that you want to archive.
- Under Archive items older than, enter a date.
How do I create an archive folder in Outlook for Mac 2011?
Archive messages in Outlook for Mac
- Choose one or more messages in your folder to archive.
- On the ribbon, choose Archive. or.
- As soon as you choose Archive, messages are immediately moved to the archive folder you’ve specified.
Is there a way to archive all emails in Outlook?
Click the Advanced option on the left. Find AutoArchive on the right pane and click the AutoArchive Settings button. Tick Run AutoArchive every option at the top and specify when the feature should run in your Outlook. In the Default folder settings for archiving section, select when an item should be archived.
How do I clean up my Outlook email?
Use Clean Up Conversation to tidy up your email conversations and reduce the number of messages in your inbox.
- Select an email conversation that you’d like to clean up.
- Select the arrow next to Delete > Clean Up Conversation. You can also clean up entire Folders.
- If prompted, confirm by selecting Clean Up.
How do I archive old emails in Outlook for Mac?
Click on the Tools tab at the top of the Outlook window and select Export. You will see the Export to Archive File (. olm) window. Select the items you wish to archive and then click on Continue.
How do I archive emails on Mac?
Archive emails in Mail on Mac
- When a Mail notification appears in the top-right corner of your screen, move the pointer over the notification, then click Archive.
- In the Mail app on your Mac, select one or more messages, then click the Archive button in the Mail toolbar (or use the Touch Bar).
Does archiving in Outlook save space?
While most email services provide you with enough storage space, you may wish to archive your folders to free up additional space in your mailbox. Using Microsoft Outlook, you can automatically archive folder items that match your criteria, such as items older than three months.
Does archiving emails save them forever?
After this period of time, it will be permanently deleted and can no longer be retrieved or viewed. Archiving an email only removes it from your Inbox. It will remain so indefinitely, but the action can be undone at any time.