How do I migrate from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013?
Steps to Migrate Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013
- Step 1: Deploy MS Exchange 2013 Server.
- Step 2: Install and Setup Exchange 2013.
- Step 3: Deploy Certificates.
- Step 4: Configure Exchange 2013 Namespace and Virtual Directories.
- Step 5: Test the Server.
- Step 6: Migrate Mailboxes and Public Folders.
How would I go about migrating a public folder in Exchange 2013?
- Step 1: Download the migration scripts.
- Step 2: Prepare for the migration.
- Step 3: Generate the .
- Step 4: Create the public folder mailboxes in Exchange 2013.
- Step 5: Start the migration request.
- Step 6: Lock down the public folders on the legacy Exchange server for final migration (downtime required)
How do I export a public folder to PST in Exchange 2013?
To export the contents of a public folder to a PST file, you must have Microsoft Outlook (version 2013 or newer) installed on your computer with Exchange profile configured, and the required public folders must be connected in Outlook’s configuration. Run the Outlook and select File > Open > Import/Export.
Where are public folders stored Exchange 2013?
public folder mailbox
Unlike earlier versions of Exchange, Public Folders in Exchange 2013 are now stored in mailbox called public folder mailbox. Folder hierarchy and contents are stored in this public folder mailbox.
How do I create a public folder in Exchange 2010?
Create Public Folder in Exchange Server 2010 Go to Organization Configuration and choose Mailbox. Under the Database Management tab, go to the database list, right-click it, and select the New Public Folder Database option. Specify a new name to the public folder and browse the mailbox server.
How do I export a public folder to PST?
Export Public Folder to PST Using Outlook
- Start Outlook and click the File option in the menu.
- Choose the third option Import/Export.
- Select the option Export to a file and click Next.
- Choose the option Outlook Data File (PST) and click Next.
- Select the public folders for export and click Next.
Can you export a public folder?
You can also use Outlook Import/Export wizard to export public folders to PST format. If there are multiple public folders to export, the user account should have access to all those public folders. Also, you need to select and export them to PST format manually.
How to move exchange public folders?
Estimated time to complete this task depends on the size of the public folder.
What can Public Folders be migrated into?
Create a target SharePoint hierarchy prior to migration
What are some considerations for public folders migration?
– The General tab gives you a few statistics on the folder’s size, and lets you maintain per-user read information for the folder. – The Limits tab lets you set quotas on the folder. – The Replication tab lets you control folder replication. As you can see in Figure 3, this tab lets you control which servers will store folder replicas.
What are Microsoft Exchange public folders?
PublicFolder: This parameter is used with the New-Mailbox cmdlet to create a public folder mailbox.