How do you find out what Navy ribbons I have?

How do you find out what Navy ribbons I have?

Step 1 – Check to see that the award has been entered into the Navy Department Awards Web Service (NDAWS) by logging onto BOL. Once on BOL, click on Navy Personnel Command Documents Services. Once this page opens, select “NDAWS” from the left side of the screen. Click on “Search Awards”.

How do I find out what ribbons and medals I have?

You can mail a letter to the headquarters of the Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, and Marine Corps in case of a problem or an appeal. Additionally, veterans and active service members can go to the administration section of their company or squad to get copies of their records and apply to receive medals.

Which Navy ribbons have no medals?

Navy Ribbons without Medals

  • Combat Action Ribbon (Navy and Marine) Ribbon.
  • Navy/Marine Presidential Unit Award Ribbon.
  • Joint Meritorious Unit Award Ribbon.
  • Navy/Marine Unit Commendation Ribbon.
  • Navy/Marine Meritorious Unit Commendation.
  • Coast Guard Meritorious Unit Award Ribbon.
  • Navy Battle ‘E’

Do you have to wear all your ribbons Navy?

Ribbons are not authorized on formal dress, dinner dress, or working uniforms. Wear up to three ribbons in a single row. When more than three ribbons are authorized, wear them in horizontal rows of three each.

How do I find out what medals My grandfather was awarded?

Further Medal Rolls can be found at the National Archives and on sites like Ancestry and Find My Past. Occasionally, you will also find Medal Rolls available on independent websites like (, which has the rolls for the Queen’s South Africa Medal (above right).

How do I find lost military medals?

Requests for replacement medals should be submitted on Standard Form 180, “Request Pertaining to Military Records,” which may be obtained at VA offices or the Internet at

How do you find out what medals A veteran was awarded?

Forms, addresses, and other information on requesting medals can be found on the Military Personnel Records section of NPRC’s Website at For questions, call Military Personnel Records at (314) 801-0800, or e-mail questions to: [email protected].

Can you wear ribbons and medals at the same time?

The use of large medals and badges is reserved for daytime attire, but ensure not to wear large medals and ribbons at the same time. The exception is the wear of unit ribbons on the right side on the Army uniform.

What medals Am I entitled to wear?

The awards below are listed in the official ‘order of precedence’, The letters in brackets are put after a person’s surname to show their award.

  • Victoria Cross ( VC )
  • George Cross (GC)
  • Conspicuous Gallantry Cross ( CGC )
  • Distinguished Service Cross ( DSC )
  • Military Cross ( MC )
  • Distinguished Flying Cross ( DFC )