What can I make out of an old bookcase?
DIY Repurposed Bookcase Bar Table.
What can I use instead of bookshelves?
10 Creative Ways to Store Books (That Aren’t Bookshelves)
- Stack books on your bar cart.
- Mix books with pictures.
- Display your books on (or below) a windowsill.
- Use a hutch or buffet for book storage on display.
- Display books on the mantel.
- Store books in the fireplace.
How can I make a cheap bookshelf?
Give your books the home they deserve!
- 1 – The organic library.
- 2 – Use recycled pallets for a vintage effect.
- 3 – Pipes can give an industrial and minimilast look to any space.
- 4 – Wooden boxes can be very inexpensive, yet still very stylish.
- 5 -Concrete blocks and wooden slats.
- 6 – Transform an old ladder into a bookcase.
How do you update an old bookcase?
Here are 9 easy ways that you can transform the back of an existing bookcase to create a custom look.
- Paint. A little paint can go a long way in terms of changing the look of a bookcase!
How do floating bookshelves work?
The way these floating bookshelves work is by using a bottom hardcover book to conceal the shelves. The end result looks like the stacked books are floating in midair. You can buy an Umbra Concealed Bookshelf, which was invented by Pratt Institute student Miron Lior.
How do you refurbish a bookshelf?
How to Refinish a Bookcase
- Remove old paint.
- Sand the surface.
- Pay attention to details in the woodwork.
- Fill any dents, scratches or divots.
- Sand the entire bookcase a second time.
- Remove all traces of dust.
- Apply an oil-based stain.
- Seal the bookcase.