What is adai made of?
Adai recipe is made using lentils including toor dal, urad dal and a small amount of chana dal and rice. Unlike dosa, Adai does not go through fermentation process and is much thicker than a normal dosa.” The use of multiple dals and rice make it a filling dish that can be gorged on during lunchtime or as a snack.
How do you ferment Adai batter?
Drain the excess water and grind the ingredients in a mixer or grinder for 20-30 minutes until it reaches dosa batter consistency. Transfer the batter to a container. Add salt and keep aside overnight for fermentation for 2-3 hours.
How do you make sweet adai?
- Heat some water in a non-stick pan. Add half the jaggery, mix and let it melt.
- Take flour in a bowl. Add salt and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add cooled jaggery water and mix well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon ghee a non-stick pan.
- Halve each adai and serve hot garnished with coconut.
How do you soak adai?
how to make adai recipe with step by step photo:
- firstly, in a large bowl take 1 cup rice, ¼ cup toor dal, ¼ cup chana dal, 2 tbsp urad dal, 2 tbsp moong dal, ¼ tsp methi and 5 dried red chilli.
- add enough water and soak for 5 hours.
- drain off the water and transfer to a mixi.
What makes adai crispy?
Use the exact measurements of urad and yellow moong to get crispy dosas. More quantity of urad or moong dal makes adai too soft to be crispy. Adjust red chilli spice quantity to suit your needs. Adding cumin/jeera seeds helps in digestion.
Can I eat adai for dinner?
A serving of an Adai or two (depending on the circumference) is not just satisfying, it is also an extremely satiating meal. There is a slow release of energy and it leaves us feeling good for the better part of the Adai. During the colder months, an Adai meal is a good option for an early dinner.
Should we ferment Adai batter?
Making adai is very easy. Also unlike making dosa you don’t need to ferment the batter. However, allow the batter to rest for about 1 to 2 hours as this helps in giving the adai a better taste and texture.
What do you serve with adai?
Traditionally, adais are served along with some ghee and jaggery, however it goes well with chutney as well. Some households serve it along with avial as well. A nutritious lentil dosa – adai served with a medley of veggies, really your meal couldn’t get healthier than this.
How do you do Karadaiyan Nombu Adai?
Method for making sweet adai.
- In a pan add the black-eyed beans| karamani, and roast this for 2 minutes, without getting it burnt.
- Add 1 cup of water to this and cook it till the beans become soft.
- Karamani gets cooked soon.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a pan add the jaggery and add 2 and 1/2 cups of water.
Should we ferment adai batter?
Is adai good for diabetes?
Smear 1/8 tsp of oil over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the adai turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Serve immediately. Diabetics can have 2 of these Indian style dalia adai without rice for breakfast, to meet their nutrient requirements.
How do you use adai batter?
Making adai is very easy. If you ferment the batter like dosa, then what you get is adai dosa, which also tastes delicious. If you want to make adai dosa, then ferment the batter for 4 to 7 hours and then make healthy adai dosa. For soaking lentils you can soak them for 2 to 3 hours or even overnight.