What are the ten figures of speech?
10 Figures of Speech with Examples (1)
- Alliteration. The repetition of an initial consonant sound.
- Anaphora. The repetition of the same word or phrase at the beginning of successive clauses or verses.
- Antithesis. The juxtaposition of contrasting ideas in balanced phrases.
What is hyperbole in Tagalog?
Translation for word Hyperbole in Tagalog is : eksaherasyon.
What are the 27 figures of speech?
27 Figures of Speech, Definition and Example Sentences
- Figure of Speech.
Is raining cats and dogs an idiom or hyperbole?
“It’s raining cats and dogs” is an idiomatic expression and not a hyperbole.
How do you memorize figures of speech?
Terms in this set (9)
- Personafication. Personification; “Person”afication,
- Assonance. As”son”ance; “song” Words in songs ryhme- “vowel sounds same”
- Alliteration. All”iteration; the double l’s symbolize two of the same consonants exactly after each other.
What is Tayutay in English?
The repetition of a WORD or PHRASE at the BEGINNING of successive clauses. Uses inoffensive words to replace more candid and severe ones.
What are the 7 figure of speech?
Some common figures of speech are alliteration, anaphora, antimetabole, antithesis, apostrophe, assonance, hyperbole, irony, metonymy, onomatopoeia, paradox, personification, pun, simile, synecdoche, and understatement.
What is the definition of metonymy?
: a figure of speech consisting of the use of the name of one thing for that of another of which it is an attribute or with which it is associated (such as “crown” in “lands belonging to the crown”)