What word is most commonly misspelled incorrectly?
The Most Common Misspellings
- absense (absence)
- adress (address)
- advise, the verb, is often switched with advice, the noun.
- alot (a lot)
- aquit (acquit)
- arguement (argument)
- artic (arctic)
- begining (beginning)
What makes someone a good speller?
Great spellers are often avid readers, and they commit a lot of words to memory, but they’ll also study prefixes, suffixes, foreign languages and definitions that will help them deduce how a word is spelled.
What are the top 10 misspelled words?
Here are the top 10 most misspelled words in the English language, according to the Oxford Dictionary:
- Publically. Whether you use it privately or publicly, this is one you want to make sure is correct.
How do you describe powerful?
In this page you can discover 87 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for powerful, like: mighty, indomitable, omnipotent, strong, influential, dominant, stalwart, dynamical, ruling, almighty and vigorous.
What is persuasive text examples?
Let’s take a look at an example of persuasive text: ‘The school district has been in talks about extending lunch time for high school students by 20 minutes. Currently, students have 30 minutes to eat their food, and many have expressed that they feel rushed and need more time to study during school hours.
What are the most common spelling mistakes?
Documented list of common misspellings
- absence – absense, absentse, abcense, absance.
- acceptable – acceptible.
- accidentally/accidently – accidentaly.
- accommodate – accomodate, acommodate.
- achieve – acheive.
- acknowledge – acknowlege, aknowledge.
- acquaintance – acquaintence, aquaintance.
- acquire – aquire, adquire.
What are some intelligent words to use?
30 Words That Will Make You Instantly Sound Smarter
What are the characteristics of persuasive text?
A persuasive text is any text where the main purpose is to present a point of view and seeks to persuade a reader. A persuasive text can be an argument, exposition, discussion, review or even an advertisement.
What are the hardest words?
Top 10 Hardest Words to Spell
- Pochemuchka. A Russian term used when a person asks too many questions.
- Gobbledegook. Gobbledegook is incoherent babbling in a fashion that makes no sense amounting to random words and noises to your listeners.
What is the most difficult word to say?
The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce