Where is the first line of a works cited Citation begin?
Start the first line of each citation at the left margin; indent each subsequent line five spaces (also known as a “hanging indent”). Put your list in alphabetical order. Alphabetize the list by the first word in the citation. In most cases, the first word will be the author’s last name.
How do you cite an article in an essay examples?
You must cite all information used in your paper, whenever and wherever you use it. When citing sources in the body of your paper, list the author’s last name only (no initials) and the year the information was published. If you use a direct quote, add the page number to your citation, like this: (Dodge, 2008, p.
How do you cite HBR’s 10 Must Reads?
- MLA. HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Teams. Boston, Massachusetts :Harvard Business Review Press, 2013.
- APA. (2013). HBR’s 10 must reads on teams. Boston, Massachusetts :Harvard Business Review Press,
- Chicago. HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Teams. Boston, Massachusetts :Harvard Business Review Press, 2013.
Do you put a space between citations?
If you have only 1 citation the title should be Work Cited. Line Spacing – Double space between each line. All subsequent lines should be indented 5 spaces or set a hanging indent at 1/2 inch.
How do you indent the second line of a citation?
It’s easier done than said (works for Word on PC or MAC):
- Place your cursor at the beginning of your citation, and highlight it.
- Right click your mouse.
- Select Paragraph from the resulting pop up menu.
- Under Indentation, use the Special pull-down menu to select hanging.
- Use the By menu to select 0.5″
How do you cite Micromedex in APA?
Citing Micromedex using APA
- Drug and Disease information: FORMAT. Name of drug or disease: Section title. (copyright year of database).
- Drug Interactions: FORMAT. Name of drug 1, drug 2, & drug 3. (copyright year of database).
- CareNotes: FORMAT. Entry or condition: Type of notes used (language). (copyright year).
How do you cite the Onet in APA?
Cite this Page O*NET OnLine
- MLA citation: O*NET OnLine, National Center for O*NET Development, www.onetonline.org/.
- APA citation: National Center for O*NET Development.
- Sharing content: From “O*NET OnLine” by the National Center for O*NET Development.
- This page is free to share.
How do you align citations in Google Docs?
Use the following steps to format a hanging indent in Google Docs.
- Highlight the citation(s) you want to indent.
- Along the top menu, click on “Format,” then go down to “Align & indent,” then click on “Indentation options.”
- In the Indentation options menu, under “Special,” select “Hanging.”
- Click “Apply.”
How do you cite a ProQuest in APA?
Author Last name, First name. “Title of Article.” Original Source of Article, Version, Numbers, Publisher, Publication date, Location. ProQuest, URL. Date of Access.
What is the margin for APA Format?
General APA Guidelines Your essay should be typed and double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5″ x 11″), with 1″ margins on all sides. You should use a clear font that is highly readable. APA recommends using 12 pt.
What is an example of a parenthetical citation?
Using Parenthetical (In-Text) Citations. Include a parenthetical citation when you refer to, summarize, paraphrase, or quote from another source. MLA parenthetical citation style uses the author’s last name and a page number; for example: (Field 122).
What font should citations be in?
In this format, your paper should be 12 pt font size using a legible font style. Times New Roman is the most common font style used, although Arial is also acceptable.
What is the purpose of in text citations?
The purpose of in-text citation is to direct the reader to the corresponding citation on the References list. For example, using the brief in-text citation below, the reader could find the full citation on on the References list.
What is needed for MLA citations?
In your citation, the elements should be listed in the following order:
- Title of source.
- Title of container,
- Other contributors,
- Publication date,
Do you put spaces between citations?
Works Cited Line Spacing – Double space between each line. Alignment – The first line of each entry should align with the left margin. All subsequent lines should be indented 5 spaces or set a hanging indent at 1/2 inch.
What does a works cited page include?
Remember, a Works Cited page is written in MLA format and lists every work that you cited in your paper. It does not include all the sources you used in your research. The referenced works are listed alphabetically by the author’s last name or, if there’s no author name, by the first word of the title.
Are APA citations double spaced?
Each source you cite in the paper must appear in your reference list; likewise, each entry in the reference list must be cited in your text. All text should be double-spaced just like the rest of your essay.
Where should the works cited page be included in a document?
The Works Cited page is the list of sources used in the research paper. It should be its own page at the end of the paper. Center the title, “Works Cited” (without quotation marks), at the top of the page. If only one source was consulted, title the page “Work Cited”.
Does APA citation have to be in alphabetical order?
In an APA reference list, you put each citation in alphabetical order by the author’s last name (surname). APA follows the letter by letter system; therefore, A comes before B and so on. When you have authors with the same last name, you move to the first and middle initials.