What is there to do in Stafford today?
Top Attractions in Stafford
- Cannock Chase. 1,327. Historic Walking Areas.
- Shugborough. 1,444. Historic Sites.
- Boscobel House. 282.
- Gentleshaw Birds of Prey and Wildlife Centre. 272.
- Stafford Castle. 322.
- Victoria Park. 298.
- Ancient High House. 220.
- Staffordshire Wildlife Trust – The Wolseley Centre. 147.
What is free Stoke?
Trentham Shopping Village. 963. Shopping Malls.
What is on in Staffordshire this week?
Events this weekend in Staffordshire, United Kingdom
- Stafford Sessions Presents – House Sessions.
- Saturday Forest Fun.
- Mamma Mia!
- Day Launch Tickets (for Canoes/Kayaks & SUPS (Paddleboards)
- A Regal Tutbury Castle early Summer Wedding Fayre.
- Kaleidoscope Choir Fund Raiser for Lichfield Memory Cafe.
- Day Fishing Ticket.
Where can I take a 3 year old in Staffordshire?
Trentham Monkey Forest. 3,227. Nature & Wildlife Areas.
Is Stafford Castle free?
The gift shop has a wide range of souvenirs, books, gifts and refreshments. FREE entry with the exception of some events.
What is Stafford UK famous for?
The county town of Stafford is home to the Ancient High House, built in 1595 and the largest timber-framed town house in England. Stafford Castle boasts over 900 years of history, its original motte and bailey castle topped with the ruins of the 19th century castle.
What county is Cannock Chase in?
Cannock Chase, district, administrative and historic county of Staffordshire, west-central England. Cannock town is the administrative centre. Path through the Cannock Chase Area of Natural Beauty, Cannock Chase, Staffordshire, England.
What is on in Staffordshire Easter weekend?
Easter Events in Staffordshire
- World of Wedgwood – Easter Holiday fun (4th – 9th April 2020)
- Trentham Monkey Forest (Saturday 4th April- Sunday 19th April 2020)
- Biddulph Grange Gardens (10th -13th April 2020 9.30am – 5pm)
- Shugborough Estate.
Where can I take my 1 year old Staffordshire?
Staffordshire, Haughton. The Staffordshire Owl Experience and Birds of Prey Rescue Centre. Zoos and Wildlife Parks, Outdoor.
Who owns caverswall castle?
tycoon Robin MacDonald
More recently the castle was bought in 2006 by property tycoon Robin MacDonald for £1.7m who spent £1 million renovating it.
When was Stafford Castle last lived in?
By the early 17th century, the castle’s fortunes waned. During the early part of the Civil War it was defended by the Gallant Lady Isabel but was eventually abandoned and demolished. Extensively rebuilt in the Gothic Revival Style in 1813, the castle fell into ruin through this century.
Is Stafford in the Black Country?
The Black Country is divided between the counties of Stafford and Worcester, the greater part belonging to Staffordshire. Dudley is a detached part of Worcestershire surrounded by Staffordshire, separated from the main body of its own shire by a narrow strip.