Who has done covers of Beatles songs?
The 100 Best Beatles Covers
- Stevie Wonder, “We Can Work It Out” (1970)
- Wilson Pickett (with Duane Allman), “Hey Jude” (1969)
- Earth, Wind & Fire, “Got to Get You Into My Life” (1978)
- Anoushka Shankar/Jeff Lynne, “The Inner Light” (2002)
- Bobby McFerrin, “Blackbird” (1984)
- The Brothers Johnson, “Come Together” (1976)
Did the Beatles cover any R&B songs?
‘You Really Got a Hold on Me’ The Beatles covered three Motown hits on their second album, all sung by Lennon (see Nos. 5 and 4 on our list of the Top 10 Beatles Cover Songs). ‘You Really Got a Hold on Me,’ written by Smokey Robinson and a No. 1 R&B song for his group the Miracles the same year, is the most restrained.
Which Beatles cover is best?
The 25 greatest covers of Beatles songs, ranked ahead of the ‘Get Back’ documentary
- Come Together by Gary Clark Jr.
- Within You Without You by Patti Smith.
- Let It Be by Bill Withers.
- All My Lovin by Amy Winehouse.
- Blackbird by Bobby McFerrin.
- Yesterday by Boyz II Men.
- Eleanor Rigby by Aretha Franklin.
What Beatles song did Anne Murray cover?
You Won’t See Me
Anne Murray version Lennon is said to have told Murray that her version of “You Won’t See Me” was one of his favourite Beatles covers. Murray later re-recorded the song as a duet with Shelby Lynne as part of her 2007 Duets: Friends & Legends album.
Did the Beatles ever do any covers?
While active between 1960 and 1970, the group recorded hundreds of songs, with their “main catalogue” consisting of 213 songs, which include 188 originals and 25 covers. Since their break-up, a further 41 covers the Beatles recorded as a group have been released.
Which songs did the Beatles steal?
Here’s five examples where their pinches got more blatant.
- 1. “ Revolution”: Pee Wee Crayton, “Do Unto Others”
- 2. “ Come Together”: Chuck Berry, “You Can’t Catch Me”
- 3. “ I Feel Fine”: Bobby Parker, “Watch Your Step”
- 4. “ I Saw Her Standing There”: Chuck Berry, “I’m Talking About You”
- 5. “
How many Beatles covers are there?
Who wrote the Beatles song you won’t see me?
You Won’t See Me/Lyricists
What song has been played the most on the radio?
BMI today announced the Top 100 Songs of the Century, listing the most played songs on American radio and television. Leading the list is the anthemic “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’,” written by Barry Mann, Phil Spector and Cynthia Weil, which recently passed the historic 8 million performance plateau.