Can you put Parmesan cheese on grits?
Today I am sharing on of my top requested recipes – garlic parmesan cheese grits. These are an easy side item to make, and they go great with shrimp, scallops or fish. My version of garlic parmesan cheese grits is made on the stovetop.
How do you make grits with Parmesan cheese?
- Melt Parkay in medium saucepan over medium-high heat; add onion and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in grits. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add cheese, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Serve immediately.
How do you make Paula Deen shrimp and grits?
Shrimp and Creamy Cheddar Grits
- 6 slices applewood-smoked bacon, chopped.
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper.
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine.
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
What sides go with fish and grits?
What goes with Shrimp and Grits?
- Skillet Cornbread, Honey Cornbread, Jalapeno Cheddar Mexican Cornbread, Old-Fashioned Southern Corn Sticks, Sweet Cornbread Muffins with Brown Sugar, or Corn Muffins.
- 3-Ingredient Buttermilk Biscuits, Flaky Biscuits, Sweet Potato Biscuits, or Cheese Biscuits.
How do you make good grits?
When you soak your grits overnight, they cook faster and taste creamier, but since a grits craving can be swift and without warning, you can also do a quick soak of stone-ground grits by bringing the grits and water to a boil, removing them from the heat, covering the pot, and resting them for anywhere between 20 …
How do you make Metro Diner shrimp and grits?
Charleston Shrimp and Grits
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add 12 oz.
- Meanwhile, mince 4 oz.
- Once grits are fully cooked, add all of the ingredients and stir to full blend.
- Pour into a greased glass casserole dish to a depth of 1 inch.
- Let the grits cool uncovered until they become solid.
How do you make Southern Shrimp grits?
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.
Are grits unhealthy for you?
Grits are a staple Southern American dish made from ground, dried corn and particularly rich in iron and B vitamins. Stone-ground varieties are more nutritious, as they undergo less processing than quick, regular, or instant types. Though grits are fairly healthy, they’re typically served with high-calorie ingredients.
How do you make the sauce for shrimp and grits?
In a medium saucepan, bring water, chicken bouillon cubes and 2 tablespoons butter to a boil. Slowly add the grits, whisking often with wire whisk for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, cream, and cheese. Keep whisking for another 2 or 3 minutes until the grits become creamy.
How do you make shrimp and cheese grits?