How long does the sync 3 update take?
Complete Update The update should take between 10 and 30 minutes from start to finish. Once it’s installed, the audio alerts you that the system will reboot before you can use it.
How do I force Sync 3 to update?
To enable Automatic Updates:
- Select Settings on your vehicle’s SYNC 3 screen.
- Press Automatic Updates.
- Toggle the slide bar to ON.
- Select System Wi-Fi to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Press View Available Networks.
- Select your network and enter the password if required.
How do I fix my frozen Sync 3?
How do I perform a SYNC®* 3 master reset?
- Simultaneously press and hold the Seek up and the Audio Unit Power buttons until the screen goes black.
- Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.
- Press the audio unit power button to switch the system on.
How long does it take to update Sync 3 via USB?
Time. The update process will take 30-35 minutes, including occasional 60-90 second reboots to complete the installation. To remember: You can operate and drive your vehicle during the install, so there should be no impact on your schedule.
Can you drive while updating Sync 3?
Wi-Fi (SYNC 3 required): You can drive and use SYNC during the update. Flash drive (SYNC 3 and previous versions of SYNC): Your vehicle must be in park when you initiate the SYNC update installation process.
How do I know if Sync 3 is updating?
- Log in to your SYNC Owner account.
- Visit the SYNC Software Updates page.
- If you see a notification that says, “You have recently downloaded an update,” choose Confirm Update. You’ll be instructed on how to report your last successful installation so that we can keep you informed when new updates are available to you.
Will Sync 3 update while car is off?
SYNC 3 is required to update your vehicle over Wi-Fi. You will be able to use SYNC during the update process. If the update is interrupted, it will continue where it left off the next time Wi-Fi is connected. Your vehicle does not need to be running for the update to take place.
How long does it take Ford Sync 3 to scan for updates?
Note: The update will take between 20-60 minutes to complete depending on your SYNC version.
How do I force my Ford Sync to reset?
- Remove the navigation chip or SD card, if applicable.
- Touch the GEARS found on the lower right center of the home screen.
- Touch the SETTINGS button of the menu.
- Touch SYSTEM to access menu choices.
- Scroll down to page 2 locate MASTER RESET.
- Tap YES and SYNC will begin reset.
What is a Master Reset on Ford Sync?
A SYNC master reset erases all stored data, such as call history, text messages, previously paired phone, navigation favorites and modem activation. We recommend that you perform a master reset: Before selling or transferring ownership. After purchasing or leasing a pre-owned vehicle.
Does Sync 3 update with car off?
How long does it take Ford SYNC 3 to scan for updates?