How many steps are in the nebular theory?
Three processes occurred with the nebular collapse: Temperatures continued to increase. The solar nebula spun faster and faster. The solar nebula disk flattened.
What is the first step in nebular hypothesis?
step 1. the birth of our solar system began as dust and gases (nebula) started to gravitationally collapse. step 2. the nebula contracted into a rotating disk that was heated by the conversion of gravitational energy into thermal energy. step 3.
What are the 4 steps of solar system formation?
Scientists believe that terrestrial planets, like Earth, formed by clumping together from dust and gas into into hot blobs of molten metal and rock several billion years ago. After becoming distinct planets, they went through four stages of formation: Differentiation, Cratering, Flooding and Surface Evolution.
What are the 5 main steps of the nebular theory?
Terms in this set (5)
- step one(4) -The solar nebula consisted of. -hydrogen,
- step two(2) -A disturbance.
- step three(2) -The solar nebula assumed a flat, disk shape.
- step four(2) -Inner planets began to form from metallic.
- step five(2) -Larger outer planets began forming from fragments.
What are the 6 stages of nebular hypothesis?
Terms in this set (6)
- Formation begins and gravity causes the nebula to contract.
- gravity pulls in the mass of the nebula in, then starts spinning, then the disk forms (planetary, solar disk); gravitational energy gets converted to thermal energy (heat); gets so hot, then nuclear fusion, then the sun is born.
What are the four stages of the stellar nebula hypothesis?
What are the 6 stages of nebular hypothesis? Nebula, protosun forming, spinning planetary disk, protoplanets forming, Shock waves from a nearby supernova explosion.
How the solar system was formed step by step?
The Sun and the planets formed together, 4.6 billion years ago, from a cloud of gas and dust called the solar nebula. A shock wave from a nearby supernova explosion probably initiated the collapse of the solar nebula. The Sun formed in the center, and the planets formed in a thin disk orbiting around it.
How was the Earth formed in 5 steps?
Starting 6600 million years ago, the stages involve the formation of the core, the formation of the mantle, the formation of oceanic-type crust, the formation of ancient platforms, and consolidation (the present stage) after which there will presumably be no more earthquakes or volcanic activity.
What are the steps of the solar system?
Terms in this set (5)
- Step 1 of the formation of the solar system. the solar nebula collapses.
- Step 2 of the formation of the solar system. rotating protostellar disk.
- Step 3 of the formation of the solar system. center of nebula fusion begins, star is born.
- Step 4 of the formation of the solar system.
What is nebular theory of solar system formation?
Nebular Theory • The nebular theory states that our solar system formed from the gravitational collapse of a giant interstellar gas cloud—the solar nebula. – (Nebula is the Latin word for cloud.) • Kant and Laplace proposed the nebular hypothesis over two centuries ago.
What force causes the nebula to begin to contract?
The dust and gases in a nebula are very spread out, but gravity can slowly begin to pull together clumps of dust and gas. As these clumps get bigger and bigger, their gravity gets stronger and stronger. Eventually, the clump of dust and gas gets so big that it collapses from its own gravity.
What are the 6 stages of nebular theory?