What are the lessons in grade 2 math?
2nd Grade Math
- Number Systems. An Introduction to 3-Digit Numbers.
- Addition and Subtraction. Addition and Subtraction of 3-Digit Numbers.
- Multiplication and Division. Multiplication.
- Time. Time.
- Shapes and Patterns. Lines and Shapes.
- Pictographs. Pictographs.
- Measurement. Measurement of Length.
- Money. Money.
Does Khan Academy kids have 2nd grade?
Khan Academy Kids is an award-winning educational program for students in Pre-K-2nd grade. It is available as a mobile app and can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon app store.
How can I make my second grade math fun?
How to spark a love of math at home – for grades K-2
- Keep the pleasure in math by playing games with your kids.
- Change the way you talk about math.
- Get books of riddles, puzzles, and games from the library.
- Give your child access to math related toys.
- Use math vocabulary.
- Give your child time to solve math problems.
Does Khan Academy cost money?
Created by experts, Khan Academy’s library of trusted, standards-aligned practice and lessons covers math K-12 through early college, grammar, science, history, AP®, SAT®, and more. It’s all free for learners and teachers.
What’s the difference between Khan Academy and Khan Academy Kids?
Typically, Khan Academy Kids is used for students in Pre-K through 2nd grade, while Khan Academy is meant for older learners in grade 3 or above. If you support students working on multiple grade levels, you can create a teacher account on both platforms.
What every 2nd grader should know?
Your child will:
- Read, write, count, and sequence numbers up to 1,000.
- Identify place value to the thousands.
- Represent quantities in multiple ways (e.g., 36 = 18 + 18 = 14 + 14 + 8)
- Know addition and subtraction facts to 20.
- Mentally add or subtract any two-digit numbers.
- Add and subtract three-digit numbers.