Why is the print area greyed out in Excel?
The Print Area, Rows to Repeat at Top and Columns to Repeat at Left are diabled (grayed out) if you select File > Print > Page Setup. They should be enabled when you activate the Page Setup dialog by clicking the little arrow in the lower right corner of the Page Setup group of the Page Layout tab of the ribbon.
How do I make comments visible in Excel when printing?
On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click the flyout on the right to launch the Page Setup dialog. Select the Sheet tab. In the Comments box, choose either At end of sheet or As displayed on sheet. Click Print, or Print Preview to see a preview of the comments.
How do I fix greyed out in Excel?
How to fix: Excel Data not showing – not visible – data area is grayed out.
- Go to View Menu and ensure first that the Unhide option is inactive.
- Select Arrange All.
- At the menu that comes up, check the “Windows of active workbook” checkbox and click OK.
- One last action.
Why is my Excel showing greyed out?
When the actions that you are attempting to perform in a worksheet apply to a protected cell or sheet, you will see grayed-out menus. You must unprotect the workbook, worksheet or cell to unlock the unavailable menus. Click the “Home” menu, then choose “Format” in the “Cells” tab.
How do I change the gray area in Excel?
Step by step process – How to grey out unused areas of a worksheet: Excel
- Firstly, open your Excel document.
- After that, select the row header under the last row that contains a record of information on your sheet.
- Press (Control/Command + Shift + Down arrow).
- Click the “fill color” button.
- Select any shade of grey.
How do I unhide a greyed out cell in Excel?
You may also perform the steps below:
- Use Alt+F11 to go to the VBA Editor.
- Open the Project-Explorer (Ctrl+R) and select the appropriate worksheet.
- Open the Properties window (F4) select the property Visible and change it to xlSheetVisible .
How do you show all comments in Excel?
Right-click somewhere on the cell and select either show or hide the comment. Alternatively, click the review tab to open the commenting tools and click the show/hide comments. If you want to show all the comments in the workbook, click the Review tab and then the Show All Comments button.
How do you unlock a greyed out menu in Excel 2010?
When an Excel sheet is protected, various icons and features of the program will be disabled. With exception to few icons in the Data tab, most of them will be grayed out or not clickable. To ensure that your worksheet is not protected, click on Review tab > and see if an Unprotect Sheet icon is visible.
How do you GREY out a cell outside the print area?
How to quickly grey out all unused area in Excel?
- Enable the sheet in which you want to display working area only, and click View > Page Break Preview.
- Select a range you want to display only, and click Kutools > Show & Hide > Set Scroll Area.
- If you want to display all, click Kutools > Show & Hide > Unhide All Ranges.
Why is undo greyed out in Excel?
It is a protected worksheet with tracked changes enabled. I’ve made a macro that activates whenever a change is made to the worksheet. This is why undo is greyed out. When you use the Worksheet_Change function, VBA clears the undo stack.