How can I get rid of the darkness under my eyes?
How to remove dark eye circles
- Getting adequate sleep. Some people notice dark eye circles when they experience periods of low-quality sleep.
- Elevating the head during sleep.
- Applying cold compresses.
- Minimizing sun exposure.
- Cucumber slices and tea bags.
- Vitamin C.
- Retinoid creams.
- Hydroquinone, kojic acid, and arbutin creams.
Why under my eyes are dark?
The area under the eyes can appear darker due to constricted blood vessels causing hyperpigmentation, or from thinning of the skin around the eyes. All causes of dark circles under the eyes include: lack of sleep or poor sleeping habits. allergies, including hay fever.
Does drinking water help dark circles?
Dark Under-Eye Circles Taking in more water throughout the may possibly reduce those puffy dark circles. If your body is in need of more water, then it will hold onto whatever it has for storage purposes. By drinking more, you can decrease puffiness around the eye area.
What foods reduce dark circles?
Eat these 10 foods if you want to get rid of your dark circles
- Cucumber. Cucumber has high water content that rehydrates the skin.
- Watermelon. Watermelon is rich in antioxidants including beta carotene that supports eye health.
- All foods rich in vitamin E.
- Green vegetables.
How I get rid of my dark circles naturally?
Here are some common methods:
- Apply a cold compress. A cold compress may reduce swelling and shrink dilated blood vessels to lessen the appearance of puffiness and dark circles.
- Get extra sleep.
- Elevate your head.
- Stay hydrated.
- Soak with tea bags.
- Try eye creams.
- Conceal with makeup.
What vitamins should I take for dark circles under eyes?
According to Rashidi, using vitamin E oil and almond oil together on the under-eye area can help to lighten dark circles and reduce under-eye puffiness, due to the combination of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that these two oils contain.
Do dark circles go away?
Dark circles can come and go. How long they last will depend on many factors. There may be times that under-eye circles are lighter or darker. Some people naturally have darker circles under their eyes because of genetics .