How do I contact a rental tribunal in NSW?

How do I contact a rental tribunal in NSW?

Tribunal Registries or the Tribunal’s website (phone 1300 006 228 or see

How do I report a landlord in NSW?

NSW storms and floods: Call 13 77 88 for assistance 7am to 10pm….If you don’t wish to lodge online you can:

  1. Download and complete the Property Complaint Form – PDF.
  2. Gather your supporting documentation.
  3. Lodge your complaint by mail or email, to the details on the form.

What does the NCAT do?

The NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) is an independent body that resolves disputes and issues enforceable orders. The resolution of disputes may involve a range of processes such as mediation, conciliation, case conferences or hearings.

How long does a tenancy Tribunal decision take?

If a case is going to a Tribunal hearing, it will usually take 20 working days from the application date to the hearing date. This might be longer in the busier months of January to March. Mediation cases take about eight working days from when the application is made to mediation.

How much notice does a landlord have to give to vacate NSW?

30 days notice
End of a Fixed Term Tenancy – the landlord can terminate the tenancy any time after the end of a fixed term. They must give the tenant at least 30 days notice. Terminate a Periodic Tenancy – the landlord can terminate a periodic tenancy at any time. They must give the tenant at least 90 days notice.

Is there an ombudsman for landlords?

The Housing Ombudsman Service (HOS) is a dispute resolution service that was set up to help landlords and tenants resolve disputes without going to court. The service is free, independent and impartial to all tenants and landlords.

What are tenants responsible for?

Tenants’ obligations paying the rent. paying all utility bills and sometimes council tax and water rates. keeping the interior in good repair. not subletting the property (without the landlord’s consent)

What orders can NCAT make?

Orders NCAT can make

  • An order for money to be paid.
  • An order that money owed does not have to be paid.
  • An order for goods or services to be provided.
  • An order to fix or replace faulty goods.
  • An order for a refund and the goods to be returned.