How do I factory reset my intel imac?
To do this, turn off your Mac and then turn it on, and hold Cmd+R until you see the Apple logo appear. Click on Disk Utility, and then press the Erase button in the toolbar. If asked, you’ll need to enter your Apple ID to confirm the erase and reset procedure.
How do I hard reset my IMAC pro?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I factory reset my Mac unresponsive?
How to Hard Reset MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do I reset my graphics driver Mac?
Before the grey-colored screen appears, press and hold the keys labeled “Option”, “Command”, “P” and “R” on your MacBook’s keyboard. Note that you will need to press these keys simultaneously immediately after pressing the “Power” button. Once the MacBook Pro restarts and you hear the startup sound, release the keys.
How do I completely wipe my Mac?
Use Erase All Content and Settings in System Preferences From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences. From the System Preferences menu in the menu bar, choose Erase All Content and Settings.
How do I restart my Mac without a mouse?
Use either the Power or Eject button, whichever is in the upper right of your keyboard, to activate the following instant actions. To reboot your Mac instantly, hit Control-Command-Power/Eject. To immediately shut down your Mac, hit Command-Option-Control-Power/Eject.
How do I completely reset my Mac?
How to factory reset MacBook and Mac desktops
- Make a fresh backup of your Mac.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar > Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Follow the prompts to fully erase your Mac.
- Like iOS, the new erase process in macOS Monterey handles everything to fully wipe your Mac.
How do I reset my iMac to factory settings without password?
How do you factory reset a locked MacBook?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I reset my graphics driver?
Right-click on your desktop and select Graphics Properties. Click 3D. Click Restore Defaults.
Can you reset a graphics card?
The easiest way to reset your graphics card’s overclock is through the same program that you used to overclock. You can either move all the options and sliders back to their default settings or look for a ‘Reset to default’ button.