How do I ring a UK number from Australia?
If you’re calling someone in the UK and their number is ‘020 1234 5678’, here’s how to call them from Australia.
- Enter the exit code. The Australian exit code is 0011 or you could use + on a mobile.
- Enter the UK country code. The UK country code is 44.
- Enter the phone number.
How do you call a +44 number from Australia?
To call United Kingdom from Australia, dial: 0011 – 44 – Area Code – Land Phone Number 0011 – 44 – 10 Digit Mobile Number
- 0011 – Exit code for Australia, and is needed for making any international call from Australia.
- 44 – ISD Code or Country Code of United Kingdom.
- Area code – There are 611 area codes in United Kingdom.
What is the dialing code from Australia to UK?
How the number is composed
|0011||0011 is the international prefix used to dial somewhere outside of Australia.|
|44||44 is the international code used to dial to United Kingdom.|
|20||20 is the local area or city code used to dial to London. (The entered number already included the area code)|
How do I dial a UK number?
How to call the UK from the US
- Dial the exit code 011. This will let your carrier know you’re making an international call.
- Dial 44, the UK country code. This tells your carrier you’re going to call the UK.
- If you’re calling a UK cell phone, dial 7 after the area code.
- Enter the area code.
- Dial the phone number.
What is the code to ring UK?
Here’s an example of what it would look like to dial a mobile phone in the UK: 011 (exit code), 44 (country code), 7 (mobile phone code), 555 123 456. On the phone’s display, the call would read: 011-44-7-555-123-456.
How do I call a UK landline from a mobile?
From a UK mobile – dial 0161 123 4567. From overseas landline (most countries) – dial 00 44 161 123 4567. From overseas landline (US, Canada) – dial 00 44 161 123 4567. From overseas mobiles – dial + 44 161 123 4567.