How do you write a reference list in MLA format?
A MLA Works-Cited List must:
- Begin in a new page at the end of the document.
- Be ordered alphabetically by name of first author (or title if the author is unknown, in terms of alphabetising this ‘a’, ‘an’ and ‘the’ should be ignored)
- Entries must be double spaced.
How do you cite a blueprint?
APA: Last name, first initial of Creator or Name of Organization. (Date of creation). Title or description of blueprint [blueprint]. Collection name/number (Fonds name/number, Series number, Box number, File number).
What order do you list references in MLA?
Sources should be listed in alphabetical order.
- Sources should be listed in alphabetical order.
- Start the first line of each citation at the left margin.
- Make sure there is space between each citation.
- Make sure there is space between the citation and the annotation.
What is MLA citation style?
MLA (Modern Language Association) style is most commonly used to write papers and cite sources within the liberal arts and humanities. MLA style features brief parenthetical citations in the text keyed to an alphabetical list of works cited that appears at the end of the work.
How do you reference an architectural plan?
You need to include the name of the artist/architect/designer, the work title, date it was created, repository/location (if applicable), and also the bibliographic information for the source in which this image appears (name of book’s author, book title, publisher information, date, page and figure or plate number of …
How do you cite architecture in MLA?
The MLA Style Center Generally begin your entry with the architect in the “Author” slot, followed by the name of the building in the “Title of source” position. Then list the date of construction, followed by the location: Wright, Frank Lloyd. Fallingwater.
How do you put sources in order?
Reference List Order
- Arrange entries in alphabetical order by the surname of the first author followed by the initials of the author’s given name(s).
- When alphabetizing names, disregard any spaces or punctuation marks in two-word surnames. Also disregard anything in parentheses or square brackets.
How do you put a list in alphabetical order in MLA?
When ordering several works by the same author, the entries are arranged in alphabetical order by title of the work. Group authors, such as organization or associations, are alphabetized by the first significant word of the name (do not include The before the name of any organization in the works cited list).
How do you MLA cite an essay?
MLA Essay Citation Structure: Last, First M. “Essay Title.” Collection Title, edited by First M. Last, Publisher, year published, page numbers. Website Title, URL (if applicable).
Do you number references in MLA?
Is a works cited ever numbered? Yes, a works cited is numbered. The works cited includes the page number at the top since it is a continuation of the paper itself. However, citations with numbers are listed in alphabetical order by the first letter they would have if they were written out.
How do you cite a portfolio image?
To cite an image/reproduction of a work of visual art from a print source, follow this format: Artist’s Last Name, First Name. Title of Artwork. Date Artwork Created, Name of Institution or Private Collection Housing Artwork, City Where it is Housed.
How do you reference an architectural drawing?
Creator, C. (date of creation). Title or description of blueprint [blueprint]. Collection name/number (Fonds name/number, Series number, Box number, File number).