Is the CDA credential only recognized in the US?
2. The CDA is portable, recognized in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, U.S. territories, community colleges, school districts and the military. 3. The CDA is the only national multilingual credentialing system that assesses educators in the language of their daily work.
What is equivalent to a CDA?
CDA-equivalent credentials include: Certified Childcare Professional (CCP) Child and Youth Care (CYC) Worker Certification. Montessori Certificate.
What must you do to keep a CDA?
All CDA Renewal Candidates must meet the following five criteria:
- 4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- A three-credit-hour course.
- Or 45 clock hours.
- Note: These hours must be in addition to the original 120 clock hours required when the Candidate obtained the CDA Credential.
Why was the CDA founded?
CDA was founded by a single mother struggling to pay for child care for her four children while working and pursuing a college degree. Her inability to get quality child care assistance inspired her to create CDA.
What is a CDA good for?
Earning your Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential may help prepare you for work as daycare or preschool teacher, teacher assistant, nanny, or child care worker. Pursuing your CDA Credential may also help you stand out as a childcare professional.
Is a CDA universal?
“We strongly believe that a CDA® certification is for everyone, regardless of your qualifications,” says Samia Kazi, the general manager of Arabian Child, a nonprofit early childhood organization.
Is a CDA worth it?
Having a CDA credential helps qualify you for more jobs by showing potential future employers that you have reached a professional level of skill and knowledge. Muhs explains that while a CDA credential may not always be required by employers, it holds great value.
Do CDA hours expire?
The CDA training certificates do not expire.
How long is the CDA good for?
The CDA® renewal process gives you the opportunity to reaffirm your competence as Preschool, Infant-Toddler, Family Child Care or Home Visitor Child Development Associate®. A CDA credential is valid for 3 years from the award date. Please note: You must renew your CDA credential before it expires.
What are the 4 different areas of a CDA?
About the CDA
- Subject Area 1: Planning a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Subject Area 2: Advancing children’s physical and intellectual development.
- Subject Area 3: Supporting children’s social and emotional development.
- Subject Area 4: Building productive relationships with families.
What are the four different areas of a CDA?
CDA Subject Areas Advancing children’s physical and intellectual development. Supporting children’s social and emotional development. Building productive relationships with families.