What is a tarte Soleil?
A Tarte au Soleil is a fun French appetizer made with a savory filling and puff pastry. The pastry is sliced and twisted to create a large rounded tart that once baked, resembles a giant sun. Hence the name “sun tart”.
Can you make spanakopita with puff pastry?
An easy to make puff pastry braid with a deliciously tasty spanakopita filling! If you’re craving spanakopita (spinach and feta pie) but don’t want to use filo pastry, this is a great alternative that will hit the spot.
How do you make baked brie?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the brie on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper and drizzle with the honey. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it starts to ooze but not melt.
- Serve with crackers.
How do you make Spinach and Feta Pinwheels?
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add oregano and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add spinach; cook 3 minutes longer or until liquid is evaporated.
- Add feta cheese and eggs to spinach mixture; mix well. Unfold puff pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
How do you make spinach puff pastry?
- Spray 9 cups in a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Microwave your cream cheese 10 seconds at a time until it’s soft and melted but not steaming.
- In a separate bowl combine spinach, feta and bacon.
- Cut pastry sheet into 9 squares.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 20 minute until golden and puffy.
What is the difference between puff pastry and phyllo pastry?
Puff pastry is laminated, which means butter is folded into the dough multiple times to create alternating layers of butter and dough. This results in lots of thin layers and an airy texture. Phyllo, meanwhile, is a paper-thin dough that’s made with oil instead of butter.
Can I use puff pastry in place of phyllo?
Filo is much more crumbly and light, while puff pastry will be denser. What is this? As a rule of thumb, if you are using filo for recipes where you just want a flaky pastry, then puff pastry may work instead, such as some appetizer bites, but otherwise I’d suggest you don’t substitute.
Can I use filo pastry for pinwheels?
The country-style fillo dough provided by our friends at Fillo Factory is perfect to make pinwheels (all opinions are my own). It is slightly thicker than regular pastry but not too thick.
How do you make cheese pinwheels?
Cover with Swiss cheese slices, leaving a 1-inch border. Roll puff pastry up tightly like a jelly roll. Slice puff pastry roll in 1/4-inch-thick slices and lay on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven on the center rack until lightly browned and puffed up, 15 to 20 minutes.