Which European country is the #1 tourist destination in the world?
The Most Visited European Nations
|Rank||Country||International tourist arrivals (2017)|
|4||United Kingdom||37.7 million|
What is the most popular travel destination in Europe?
The Most Visited Cities in Europe
- London, United Kingdom — 19.6 Million Annual Visitors.
- Paris, France – 19.1 Million Annual Visitors.
- Istanbul, Turkey – 14.7 Million Annual Visitors.
- Rome, Italy – 10.3 Million Annual Visitors.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands — 8.8 Million Annual Visitors.
- Barcelona, Spain — 7 Million Annual Visitors.
Which country is the most beautiful place in Europe?
Most-scenic countries in Europe
- Italy. No place can beat the sweeping romance of Tuscany, the spellbinding beauty of the Amalfi Coast, the rich history of Rome and Florence’s inestimable Renaissance art!
- Finland. There couldn’t be a more magical place than Finland!
What is the smallest country to visit in Europe and the world?
1. Vatican City. The smallest country in Europe, and even in the world, is also found in Italy. The Vatican City State is under 0.2 square miles, and is of course, home to the Pope inside the Apostolic Palace.
Why is Europe so popular?
The outstanding growth industry of tourism—supplementing business, professional, and student travel—brings employment and foreign exchange to many Europeans, especially in the Mediterranean countries, with their combination of sunshine, beaches, scenery, and historical monuments.
What is the nicest country in the world?
Spain. #1 in Friendly. #19 in Best Countries Overall.