How can I get fiber without eating vegetables?
16 Easy Ways to Eat More Fiber
- Eat whole-food carb sources. Fiber is a type of carb found in plant-based foods.
- Include veggies in meals, and eat them first.
- Eat popcorn.
- Snack on fruit.
- Choose whole grains over refined grains.
- Eat chia seeds.
- Eat avocados.
- Snack on nuts and seeds, or add them to recipes.
What sides are high in fiber?
Popular in Healthy High-Fiber Recipes
- Stuffed Eggplant with Couscous & Almonds.
- caramel delight energy balls.
- Quinoa Avocado Salad with Buttermilk Dressing.
- Red Lentil Soup with Saffron.
- Crispy Smashed Apples with Cinnamon Sugar.
- Stuffed Pepper Soup.
- White Bean & Sun-Dried Tomato Gnocchi.
What foods are high in fiber besides vegetables?
High-fiber foods you should be eating
- Whole-wheat pasta. Carbs get a bad rap, but whole grains are a great source of fiber and are also rich in healthy phytonutrients (believed to help prevent various diseases), Taylor says.
- Lentils and split peas.
- Artichokes hearts.
What is a good snack with fiber?
High fibre snack ideas
- Low-fat whole grain granola bar – without chocolate, caramel and marshmallow.
- An orange and roasted, unsalted soy nuts.
- Berries – blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or blackberries.
- Baby carrots with hummus.
- Whole grain crackers and roasted edamame (green soybeans in the pod).
Which fiber is best for constipation?
Insoluble fiber helps speed up the transit of food in the digestive tract and helps prevent constipation. Good sources of insoluble fiber include whole grains, most vegetables, wheat bran, and legumes.
What should I eat for lunch when constipated?
What should I eat and drink if I’m constipated?
- whole grains, such as whole wheat bread and pasta, oatmeal, and bran flake cereals.
- legumes, such as lentils, black beans, kidney beans, soybeans, and chickpeas.
- fruits, such as berries, apples with the skin on, oranges, and pears.
How can I increase my fiber intake?
How do I increase my fiber intake?
- As a general rule, include at least one serving of whole grain in every meal.
- Keep a jar of oat bran or wheat germ handy.
- Use whole-wheat flour when possible in your cooking and baking.
- Choose whole grain bread.
- Choose cereals with at least 5 grams of fiber per serving.
What foods are high in fibre but low in carbs?
Top 15 high-fiber, low-carb foods
- Broccoli. Broccoli belongs to the family of cruciferous vegetables, which includes Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and cauliflower.
- Blackberries and raspberries.
- Chia seeds.
- Macadamia nuts.
- Leafy greens.
- Brussels sprouts.
What is the highest fiber snack?
Key ingredients in high-fiber snacking:
- Almonds (3.5 grams of fiber)
- Popcorn (8 grams of fiber in 2 ounces)
- Oat bran (14 grams of fiber)
- Wheat germ (18 grams of fiber)
- Whole-grain bread (3 grams of fiber)
- All beans and legumes (About 20 – 50 grams of fiber, depending on the variety)
- Quinoa (5 grams of fiber)
Is popcorn a good fiber food?
If your goal is to increase your fiber intake, popcorn may be the best snack you can eat. Air-popped popcorn is very high in fiber, calorie for calorie.