How do I contact WINZ NZ?
Speak to someone in your language
- general questions on 0800 559 009. (Link 12)
- questions about NZ Super or Veteran’s Pension on 0800 552 002. (Link 13)
What is the email address for Work and Income?
Work and Income general enquiries
|National phone number||0800 559 009 Monday to Friday 7am-6pm and Saturday 8am-1pm|
|International phone number||+64 9 913 0300 Monday to Friday 7am-6pm and Saturday 8am-1pm (NZ time) Email: [email protected] for general enquiries|
What grants can I get from WINZ?
Special Needs Grants (Food Grants):
- $200 for a single person with no dependent children.
- $300 for a couple with no dependent children.
- $450 for a couple or a sole parent with 1 or 2 dependent children.
- $550 for a couple or a sole parent with 3 or more dependent children.
How can I get work and income to call me back?
How to use Service Express
- call 0800 33 30 30. (Link 1)
- say or key in your client number.
- answer the security questions.
- speak normally and say what you want to do.
What is winz called now?
1 October 1998 – Department of Work and Income (branded as Work and Income New Zealand or WINZ) established with the merger of Income Support with the New Zealand Employment Service, Community Employment Group and Local Employment Co-ordination.
Can I borrow money from WINZ?
The answer is yes, Alternate Finance does offer financial loans for beneficiaries – people who receive the benefit in New Zealand. We do this because if you’re receiving income from WINZ, lending is easy to award because we know you have a stable, reliable income.
How can I get free money in NZ?
The Inland Revenue Department publishes a list of unclaimed funds, which you can access….Unclaimed Money
- Trust money.
- Maori Trustee funds.
- Solicitor Trust Fund accounts.
- Bank deposits.
- Employee benefits.
- Insurance proceeds.
- Unclaimed property funds.
Do you have to provide bank statements to WINZ?
You need to provide evidence of the bank account you want your payments to go into. This can be a: bank statement. deposit slip.