How do I set my location in Lync?
Open Lync, and, in the Lync main window, next to your picture, click the location menu (down arrow), and select Show Others My Location. You can also set this by clicking the Options button, and then select Location in the Personal options.
How do I resolve Exchange connectivity issues in Skype for Business?
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the Lync client has the most recent update.
- Confirm that the Lync client is configured for Exchange or Outlook integration:
- Validate Exchange credentials by signing in to Outlook Web Access.
- Make sure that EWS is enabled for the user.
Is Microsoft Lync discontinued?
In November 2010, the platform was renamed Lync. Microsoft released a final on-premises version of Skype for Business Server as part of Office 2019 in late 2018, and announced in July 2019 that the hosted Skype for Business Online will cease functioning on July 31, 2021.
How do I set my location on Microsoft?
- Go to Start > Settings > Privacy & security > Location.
- Under Default location, select Set default.
- The Windows Maps app will open. Follow the instructions to set or change your default location.
How do I set my location in Outlook?
Follow these steps:
- Log in to Outlook.com.
- On the upper right window click gear icon to open Settings.
- Click Options, then choose Calendar.
- Click Weather and Add another location.
- Once you added your location, X out Redmond, WA.
- Click Save.
How can I change my call location?
Turn location on or off for your phone
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Touch and hold Location . If you don’t find Location : Tap Edit or Settings . Drag Location into your Quick Settings.
How do I change my region on Skype?
Sign into your Skype account. Scroll down to Account details and select Change currency. Choose your new currency from the list and then click Save.
How do I fix Skype integration error in Outlook?
To do this, go to Outlook>File>Info>drop down Account settings>click Account setting and check that the account type is Exchange. Install the latest update for Skype and Outlook. If there is a version mismatch, ensure re-installation is performed so they are both on the same version.
What is EWS in Skype for business?
The EWS Services are responsible for the Lync integration, especially for Calendar Information and The Conversation History. Therefore this is the most essential configuration. Publishing EWS service via Reverse Proxy: Autodiscover and EWS service do NOT support FBA (form based authentication).
What happened to Lync?
What happened to Lync?” Lync was renamed Skype for Business in April 2015. Along with a new name came some new features and a fresh new look. It’s pretty cool, and you can read more about it at Explore Skype for Business.
What came before Lync?
Microsoft released the successor to Office Communicator, Lync 2010, on January 25, 2011. In November 2010, the platform was renamed Lync.