How do you buckle a web belt in the Marine Corps?
On the MCCUU, the tip of the belt is passed through the buckle to the wearer’s left so that it extends between 2 to 4 inches from the buckle, with the buckle tongue depressed into the buckle.
What is the length of the USMC Web belt?
Marine Corps Issue Khaki Web belt. Length: 54″ (can be cut to exact size preferred) Width: 1.5″ Inches. Removable Metal Buckle.
How do you cut a belt for webbing?
- Step 1: Align fender washers on either side of the belt. Align side-to-side and up and down.
- Step 2: Carefully cut around the washer-and-webbing “sandwich” at the end. Safety tips:
- Step 3: Trim any stray fibers.
- Step 4: Fuse the raw edge with the lighter.
- Step 5: Check the edge to make sure it is smooth and you’re done.
How do you shorten a military belt?
- Step 1: Release strap from buckle. The buckle holds the strap in place by a metal lever with teeth.
- Step 2: Cut strap to desired length. The strap is just fabric and may easily be cut with a sharp knife.
- Step 3: Replace strap in buckle.
What belts do Marines use?
The Marine Corps Martial Arts Belt (MCMAP) has been worn with the Utility Uniform since 2002. The MCMAP combat system trains Marines in unarmed combat, edged weapons, weapons of opportunity, and rifle and bayonet techniques.
Which way does the web belt go USMC?
Male Marines will wear the khaki web belt with service and blue dress trousers and it may be worn with the white dress trousers. The tip end of the web belt will pass through the buckle to the wearer’s left and will extend from two to four inches beyond the buckle.
What belts Marines use?
Belt. The MCCUU is worn with a webbed rigger’s belt earned through the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program. The belts are tan, grey, green, brown, or up to six degrees of black, depending on the Marine’s proficiency.
How do you cut a military belt?
The strap is just fabric and may easily be cut with a sharp knife. A good pair of scissors gives a clean cut and maximum control, however. For added life synthetic webbing may also be sealed off over a small flame; cotton may be sealed with a bead of glue like “Fray Check” from Prym-Dritz.
How do you cut nylon webbing?
A Pair of Sharp Steel Scissors….
- Unroll your spool of webbing and measure the length you want to cut.
- Use the scissors to cut your webbing along the mark.
- Note: Skip this step if you are using a natural fiber webbing, like cotton.
- While the edge is still warm, use the pliers to compress the ends of the fabric together.