How do you make Breaking Bad crystal candy?
Ingredients 1x 2x 3x
- 1/2 cup water.
- 3/4 cup corn syrup, light.
- 2 cups granulated sugar.
- 2 tsp clear flavoring extract, I like LorAnn fruit flavors. See below for more recommendations.
- 1 drop blue gel food coloring, I used Americolor Sky Blue gel coloring.
- Candy thermometer.
What candy was used in Breaking Bad?
crystal rock candy
They wanted something that did not look like regular street Meth. Debbie Ball came up with a crushed “white” crystal rock candy flavored as cotton candy for them. Breaking Bad then continued to purchases the prop for filming the second season.
How do you make Blue Rocks?
Blue Crystal Ingredients
- 3-3/4 cups sugar.
- 1-1/4 cups light corn syrup.
- 1 cup water.
- blue food coloring (or whatever color you like)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon flavoring, such as vanilla, lemon, or cherry flavoring.
How do you make crystal clear sugar glass?
How to Make Sugar Glass
- Line your pan with aluminum foil.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, pour in the sugar.
- Add in the water and stir continuously.
- Add the light corn syrup.
- Once you’ve hit 300 degrees, quickly pour out the mixture into the pan.
- Carefully lift off the glass sheet.
How do you break rock candy?
To turn the sheet of candy into small pieces, it’s easiest to use a metal mallet (like a meat tenderizer). Just hit the sheet with it until it breaks into pieces.
How do you fix sticky hard candy?
Use corn starch or powdered sugar Sometimes you’ll just have a batch that will become sticky even if stored in an air-sealed container. If the candies haven’t already completely fused together, dust them with a light coating of corn starch and lightly mix them.
How do you make rock candy strings?
Place one string in each jar, resting skewer or pencil across rim of jar, and making sure strings do not touch bottoms of jars. Set aside. Bring sugar and 2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; boil, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
How do you make rock candy fast?
How To Make Rock Candy Quickly
- 1 cup water.
- 4 cups sugar.
- Food coloring (optional)
- 1 candy thermometer.
- 2 strings OR 2 long sticks.
- Pens and clips to suspend the string/sticks in a glass.
- 2 pint glasses or pint mason jars.
Why is my sugar glass not hardening?
The simple answer is that there is too much moisture in your candy. One or more factors could be contributing to this problem. In hard candy making, it is important to cook all the water out of the sugar/corn syrup/water mixture.
How do you make fake sugar glass?
- 2 cups white granulated sugar 450g.
- 1 cup of corn syrup Karo syrup (300g)
- 1/2 to 1 cup water 125 to 250ml.
- pinch of cream of tartar optional.
- 1 – 2 tbsp food coloring use as much as you want to get the desired color.
- 1 – 2 tsp flavored extracts.