How do you make cucumber Namasu?
You just slice, salt, and then marinate the cucumbers in a mixture of sugar and rice vinegar. That’s it! It’s wonderful and refreshing. In Hawaii, this dish is also called cucumber namasu.
What can I do with a lot of fresh cucumbers?
Eat Them Raw
- Slice them and eat them (plain or sprinkled with dill)
- Cucumber sandwiches with toasted bread, cream cheese, cucumber slices, and dill.
- Cucumber salad (lots of varieties you can make)
- Sliced cucumbers in a green salad.
How do you make Japanese pickle cucumbers?
- Place Persian cucumbers in a bowl; add salt and mix well. Let sit until cucumbers release their juices, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk rice vinegar, white sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; pour over cucumbers. Marinate for 30 minutes.
How do you make Vietnamese pickled cucumbers?
- Put vinegar, water, honey and salt into a large bowl and whisk until the honey is dissolved.
- Add carrots, daikon, cucumbers and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to several hours before serving.
What can I do with too many large cucumbers?
These oversized cucumbers are perfect recipes calling for chopped or shredded cucumber. Peel and quarter them. Cut out the entire seed cavity and chop or shred up the rest. This can be used for making cucumber-yogurt soup, Green gazpacho or tzatziki sauce.
Can you freeze cucumbers whole?
Cucumbers have a high water content (they’re ninety-five percent water), but they do freeze well. Freezing cucumbers is the best way to preserve and enjoy them all year round. It’s advisable to freeze cucumber slices rather than fresh cucumbers; whole cucumbers become soggy and lose their flavor once you defrost them.
What do you do with Japanese pickles?
Japanese pickles (漬物, tsukemono) are an important part of the Japanese diet. They are served with practically every traditional meal alongside rice and miso soup. They are valued for their unique flavors and commonly used as a garnish, relish, condiment, palate cleanser or digestive.
Can you eat Japanese cucumber skin?
The Japanese cucumber is a dark green, cylindrical fruit that contains seeds in its center, surrounded by edible flesh and skin. Unlike the common or English cucumber, the outer skin of the Japanese variety contains small, white spines, however, this exterior is also edible.
How do you make pickled cucumbers with rice vinegar?
- Slice cucumber in half lengthwise and scrape off the seeds with a spoon.
- Put soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and toasted sesame oil in a bowl and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Put cucumber and ginger in a ziploc bag and pour vinegar mix on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and for no more than 12.