Is effacer a word?
ef·fa·cé n. A position in ballet in which the dancer stands at an angle to the audience so that part of the body is hidden from view. [French, from past participle of effacer, to efface; see efface.]
What does effacement mean in medical terms?
Definition of effacement the thinning of bodily tissue, especially of the cervix to prepare for childbirth: Cervical effacement is usually nearly complete before the first phase of labor.
How do you conjugate effacer?
The effacer conjugation tables below show how to form the French verb effacer according to tense and person….Perfect subjunctive.
What is an example of efface?
To efface is defined as to make yourself inconspicuous or hidden from attention, or to erase something or consciously forget something. When you block a memory out of your mind, effectively erasing it, this is an example of efface. Where you try hard to blend in and not be noticed, this is an example of efface.
What’s another word for effacement?
What is another word for effacement?
Is it good to be self-effacing?
If someone says you did a great job and you say, “It was nothing,” that’s self-effacing. It is usually considered a positive quality, since it’s the opposite of being cocky, egotistical, and attention-hogging.
What is the meaning of Gravida?
“Any pregnancy, regardless of duration, including present pregnancy. The terms gravida and para refer to pregnancies, not to the fetus.
How do you use efface in a sentence?
Efface in a Sentence 🔉
- If I could efface all of my sad memories, I would be a very happy person.
- Marvin hoped to efface the paint by scrubbing the walls with a tough sponge.
- Because I could not efface the damage on the box of the doll, I had to lower the selling price of the collectible.
How do you conjugate effacer in the present tense?
To listen to the pronunciation of a given tense of effacer, click on the loudspeaker icon at the bottom of the table. See the notes on the conjugation of effacer at the end of this page….Perfect subjunctive.
Is bouger a regular verb in French?
The French verb bouger is one of the many ways to say “to move.” It is a rather easy verb to conjugate, though there is a spelling change that you will want to watch out for.
What is the meaning of Effacer?
2. to rub out, erase, or obliterate (outlines, traces, inscriptions, etc.). 3. to make (oneself) inconspicuous; withdraw (oneself) modestly or shyly. [1480–90; < Middle French effacer.
What is the origin of the word effacen?
[Middle English effacen, from French effacer, from Old French esfacier : es-, out (from Latin ex-, ex-) + face, face; see face .] ef·face′ment n. ef·fac′er n.
What is the meaning of effacing?
1. to obliterate or make dim: to efface a memory. v.t. -faced, -fac•ing. 1. to wipe out; do away with; expunge: to efface sad memories. 2. to rub out, erase, or obliterate (outlines, traces, inscriptions, etc.). 3. to make (oneself) inconspicuous; withdraw (oneself) modestly or shyly.
What is the legal definition of family?
Legal Definition of family 1 : a group of individuals related by blood, marriage, or adoption 2 : a group of usually related individuals who live together under common household authority and especially who have reciprocal duties to each other