What cities are on the west coast of France?
West Coast of France: 4 Luxurious Destinations
- Biarritz: For Beaches, Seawater Spas & More.
- Roscoff: A Quiet Gem in Northwestern Brittany.
What is the West of France famous for?
Whether you plan to spend your holiday sightseeing, surfing, or simply relaxing by the sea, the west of France is an ideal destination. Mythical Brittany offers immense beautiful sea landscapes, Celtic festivals, magic forests, and mysterious prehistoric sites.
What are 2/3 major tourist attractions in France?
15 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in France
- Eiffel Tower. Eiffel Tower.
- Musée du Louvre. Louvre Museum | Neirfy / Shutterstock.com.
- Château de Versailles. Château de Versailles.
- Côte d’Azur. Menton, Côte d’Azur.
- Mont Saint-Michel. Mont Saint-Michel.
- Loire Valley Châteaux.
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Chartres.
- 8. Provence.
What cities are in the southwest of France?
The best towns of south west France – where to go in Nouvelle-…
- La Rochelle.
Where should I go on the coast of France?
15 Top-Rated Beach Destinations in France
- Biarritz and the Basque Coast. Grande Plage, Biarritz.
- Saint-Tropez: Plage de Pampelonne. Saint-Tropez: Plage de Pampelonne.
- Cap d’Antibes. Plage de la Garoupe.
- Menton. Menton.
- Corsica’s Plage de Palombaggia.
- Île de Porquerolles.
- Deauville and Trouville.
- Plage de l’Espiguette.
What is the west coast of France called?
The long west-facing coast of Les Landes and the western Pyrenees department is known as the Côte d’Argent, or the Silver Coast. This a stretch of fine sandy beach almost 200 km long and – away from the resorts – largely deserted, even in mid summer.
What are the regions of France called?
- Centre-Val de Loire.
- Grand Est.
- Paris Region.
What are the most visited cities in France?
A truly global city and one of the largest in Europe, Paris has a reputation for being among the most beautiful and romantic places in the world….Paris: The Most Visited City in France
- The Eiffel Tower.
- Arc de Triomphe.
- Avenue des Champs-Élysées.
- Notre Dame.
- Sacré Coeur.
- Moulin Rouge.
- The Catacombs of Paris.
What is south west France famous for?
This region is famous for its medieval bastide towns that can be found throughout the region. Along its southern edge, the Pyrenees rise majestically to the Spanish border, providing southwest France’s area of high mountin terrain, with ski resorts in winter.
Which 2 French cities are near the Mediterranean Sea?
The Mediterranean coast
- Marseille. As the 2013 European City of Culture, Marseille (External link) has revitalised its image in recent years and proudly taken its place as France’s second city.
- Hyères and the islands.
- La Ciotat.
Why is Biarritz famous?
Nestled in the extreme south-west of France, Biarritz is an elegant city, acclaimed for its beaches, surf spots, golf courses, thalassotherapy centers and gastronomy. Gateway to the Basque Country, Biarritz is probably the most famous city in the region.