Does Ableton Live support MPE?
You can use Ableton’s Push 2 as your MPE controller as it is is a velocity and aftertouch sensitive device. By using Push 2, you can control up to three parameters in realtime. To use your Push 2 as an MPE controller, you’ll first have to change it’s aftertouch setting to poly.
Why is my MIDI controller not working in Ableton?
If you’re still having issues, check the following: If using a MIDI controller with a control surface, make sure that you’ve configured it correctly in Live’s MIDI preferences. Check that the correct ports are selected and there is only one Control Surface active for the same controller.
Why is my M Audio interface not working?
Try unplugging/re-plugging, different ports on the computer, and different cables to see if it appears. Once your device shows up in Device Manager, check that it also appears in Sound Settings. If not, you probably need to reinstall (or just install) the latest driver (see Driver Reinstall below).
How do I register my m audio keyboard?
- Login to your M-Audio Account. Already have an account?
- Register your M-Audio hardware. Register here using your product’s hardware serial number.
- Download your software. Once your hardware is registered, your software download link(s) and any necessary authorization codes will appear in your M-Audio Account.
Why is Ableton not reading my MIDI keyboard?
If you cannot see your MIDI controller type listed in the Ableton > Preferences > Link MIDI > Control Surface dropdown menu, it’s likely because you’re using an old version of Live. Ableton add control surfaces to the Ableton Control surface list as and when they’re released.
Why can’t I hear my track on Ableton?
If certain elements of your project can’t be heard on playback, it’s possible that a track has been muted. Both audio and MIDI tracks can be muted. To unmute a track, simply click on the grey box in the track’s mixer section that displays the track number. The track activator will now be unmuted and turn yellow.
How do I enable MPE in Ableton?
How do I set it up?
- Connect your MPE capable hardware, controller, or phone app with your computer.
- Open Live’s Preferences > Link/MIDI.
- Activate the MPE button for each device.